Please help with mysql not starting
l2huynh
2013-01-30 15:39:49 UTC
l2huynh [http://community.zenoss.org/people/l2huynh] created the discussion

"Please help with mysql not starting"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71309#71309

Hi everyone,
I have zenoss stack 2.5.1 install on Opensuse 11.1. I understand that his is an old distro but it's been running fine and I had no incentive to upgrade it. Last night, I reboot the box in a routine maintenance window, when it came back up, zenhub wasn't running, with a little digging through, I found that was caused by mysql not running.

I tried to manually start mysql with:

***@nms:/usr/local/zenoss/mysql> /usr/local/zenoss/ctlscript.sh start mysql
nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/zenoss/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/zenoss/mysql/data/nms.pid
130130 10:29:00  mysqld ended

Mysql just won't start and right now I'm stuck. I hope somebody could help.

Thanks in advance