put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device
Thrivikram Reddy
2011-10-17 19:59:09 UTC
Thrivikram Reddy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thrivikram] created the discussion

"put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61916#61916

h5. Hi,
h5.
h5. Is there a way to put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device? (for example  1 hour or so.. every day)
h5. :-/
h5. Thanks

2011-10-17 20:10:04 UTC

"Re: put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61917#61917

Look into Maintenance windows in the Admin guide.

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Thrivikram Reddy
2011-10-18 17:32:12 UTC
Thrivikram Reddy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thrivikram] created the discussion

"Re: put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61921#61921

*Thanks for the quick response James,*

*I went through the guide, but i want to avoid / ignore the alerts related to a particular OS process in that device (for example you can take  java process). I'm not getting it.*

:-/

2011-10-18 17:49:03 UTC

"Re: put the alerts to ignore mode for certain period of time based on device"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61931#61931

Maintenance windows are per device, not per specific processes. Generally the use case is that an entire OS instance will be in maintenance. If you want to set per process it's not built in, but you could potentially use event transforms to check the time etc. However this wouldn't be that maintainable or usable in my opinion.

I think for what you want is actually a feature request, and probably would be years out, unless you wanted to code it yourself or fund its development.

Information Technology Area Supervisor