Process and Services
Gowrish SS
2013-01-22 02:02:29 UTC
Gowrish SS [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gowrish.ec] created the discussion

"Process and Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71126#71126

Hi All, Is there any way to get a list of servers are not being monitored for particular processes/services in zenoss Out of the box. We need to know the list of non monitored process for all servers in zenoss. PLease advise is that possible out of the box in zenoss or any other way.

Regards

joanypony
2013-01-22 10:00:12 UTC
joanypony [http://community.zenoss.org/people/joanypony] created the discussion

"Re: Process and Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71130#71130

I don't know how you get a list, but generally once you have selected a process to be monitored, it's done for all servers unless you explicitly exclude them. You cannot exclude by device class, only by device. (someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Under the infrastructure section, click on "processes" at the top. You see on the left what processes are monitored. You can add extra or specify if you want it monitored or not.. By default, only HTTP is set in that list.

Regards,
Joan

Gowrish SS
2013-01-22 10:15:25 UTC
Gowrish SS [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gowrish.ec] created the discussion

"Re: Process and Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71132#71132

Hi Joan,

Thank you for the reply, I understand that. However for some reson for few of the devices process are not beeing monitored. For few servers some of the process are not beeing monitored now.There is a huge list of servers i guess cant indudivally check each server so wanted to know is there any out of the box facility in zenoss which can determine which are process not beeing monitred for which servers.

Regards,

jcurry
2013-01-22 15:21:27 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Process and Services"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71136#71136

Out-of-the-box the only process monitoring that is active is for the Zenoss daemon processes (provided you have Zenoss 4). Prior to 4, by default, NO processes were actively monitored.

Services is a different question. Do you mean TCP/UDP services and/or Windows services? OOTB, I believe that only smtp and http TCP ports are monitored.

You can use zendmd to check.  For example, to see the different "services",
...   print s.id, s.zMonitor

For registered ports (ie high ports) change the Privileged to Registered in the line above.

To see windows services,
...   print s.id, s.zMonitor
...   print p.id, p.zMonitor
...   for pp in p.osProcessClasses():