Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying
Stuart Marsden
2013-11-24 17:28:34 UTC
Stuart Marsden [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flydoc] created the discussion

"Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75306#75306

HI

I need to upgrade my zenoss  server from centos5 to cento6.

I backed up my zenoss 4.2.0 system, did a clean install of 4.2.4 on another temporary centos5 server

installed the required zenpacks,  and then did a restore of my backup

Everything appears to be working and the rrd data is being up dated, the permissions look correct, howerver I cannot see any graphs on the portal

I just get a ? displayed

thanks in advance

Stuart

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-11-25 04:05:10 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75318#75318

Hi stuart,
            Can you try running zenperfsnmp against the device in debug mode and see the RRD files are getting updated.

chown -R zenoss:zenoss /opt/zenoss/perf

*zenperfsnmp run -d deviceip -v10*

Thanks
Sandeep

jcurry
2013-11-25 10:24:11 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75326#75326

I have a bad feeling that if you have updated the underlying OS then the rrd mechanism (which holds all you performance data) does not like this.

Sandeeps idea of running zenperfsnmp in debug is a good one - or just look in $ZENHOME/log/zenperfsnmp.log - you may find error messages there depending on your level of debugging.

I would also check zenhub.log and event.log in the same log directory - I always check those two if "something weird" happens.

To see the raw rrd files, go to $ZENHOME/perf/Devices and there should be a directory for each device - keep drilling down until you find files ending in .rrd - are they being updated?

Cheers,
Jane

Stuart Marsden
2013-11-25 14:34:11 UTC
Stuart Marsden [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flydoc] created the discussion

"Re: Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75321#75321

Hi

fixed - I was correct, it was a rendering issue

the clue was in your suggestion to look in event.log

there where permission denied on /tmp/renderserver  which was owned by
500.500

I did chown -R zenoss.zenoss    /tmp/renderserver   and everything burst
back into live

thanks again

Stuart

Stuart Marsden
2013-11-25 14:21:01 UTC
Stuart Marsden [http://community.zenoss.org/people/flydoc] created the discussion

"Re: Restoring a backup to a new Zenoss instance - graphs not displaying"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75320#75320

Hi

Zenperfsnmp runs ok , I can see it collect the data and update the files

the file ownership is also correct

I am sure this is a display issue not a collection issue

thanks

Stuart