Component Monitoring
thunter0028
2013-01-09 00:42:23 UTC
thunter0028 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/thunter0028] created the discussion

"Component Monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70883#70883

I recently made some changes to the ethernetCsmacd_64 component template by copying it and renaming it. I came to find that this removed all of the graphs from each switchport interface that I was previously monitoring. I tried to bind the template back, but I cannot find out how to make it a component binding and not a device binding. Is there a way to do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

nilie
2013-01-10 16:35:22 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Component Monitoring"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70918#70918

Playing with component templates can be dangerous. You have several options that I can think of here :
* try to undo the changes in the exact reverse order (start with the most recent) - Careful not to make things worse!
* re-create the ethernetCsmacd_64 under /Devices using the ethernetCsmacd template as a model but using the ifHCInOctets, ifHCIn UcastPkts, ifHCOutOctets and ifHCOutUcastPkts instead for the 64bit counters - Tedious but sure to get the job done
* weep, scrap and reinstall Zenoss - as a last resort