Remote collector issues
chemist
2012-10-16 13:12:24 UTC
chemist [http://community.zenoss.org/people/chemist] created the discussion

"Remote collector issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69251#69251

Hi all

With 3.2.1 I have a remote collector used to monitor VPN's via ping. As I monitor the same VPN's from the main collector I have to fake the IP's to add the devices to the remote collector and then reset them. So let's call my main collector Site 1, the remote collector Site 2 and the monitored VPN Site 3. The current scenario with 3.2.1:

VPN from Site 1 to Site 3 goes down = Main collector generates an event
VPN from Site 2 to Site 3 goes down = Remote generates an event
VPN from Sites 1 and 2 to Site 3 go down = Both collectors generate an event.

Scenario with 4.2.0:

VPN from Site 1 to Site 3 goes down = Main collector generates an event
VPN from Site 2 to Site 3 goes down =Main collector generates an event
VPN from Sites 1 and 2 to Site 3 go down = Main collector generates 2 events

Any help in resolving or understanding why this is happening greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jim