Check reset IP for entire gorup
Matthew Kitchin (public)
2013-08-09 14:32:58 UTC
Matthew Kitchin (public) [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mkitchin] created the discussion

"Check reset IP for entire gorup"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74340#74340

I'm currently on 3.2.1 (need to work on a upgrade plan). I have 30 provisioned Citrix Xenapp servers that are recreated every night. They do not always come up at the same IP address. This causes issues with Zenoss. Say server A, B, and C all traded IPs. I can't reset the IP on A, because it now has the IP C used to have. It won't assign it to A. I can't reset C, because it has the IP B used to have. It gets a bit more complicated than this, but the only thing I have been able to to is completely delete all servers and add them back. Is there something I can do to resolve this? Is there a way to have it blank the IP history for an entire server group and redisover (use DNS) for all of them?

Thank you for an oustanding product.

-Matthew