Zenoss 4.2.3 and zenprocess erratic in reporting some processes not running
Luca Maranzano
2013-04-28 14:01:03 UTC
Luca Maranzano [http://community.zenoss.org/people/liuk] created the discussion

"Zenoss 4.2.3 and zenprocess erratic in reporting some processes not running"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72996#72996

Hello all,

we are running Zenoss Core 4.2.3 on CentOS 5 and we have a Solaris 10 device with several Oracle instances.
We defined the Process monitoring rule with 2 entry, one with the "ora_pmon" regexep and one with the "tsnlsnr".
The modeler correctly get all the instances runing.

The issue we are facing is that sometime, say once every 48 hours at different time, we receive a bunch of alarms in the same time saying that *all the processes* are down, and after a few minutes the clear arrives for all the processes.

Obviously this is not right since all the monitored processes are correctly running.

May be that zenprocess is getting crazy since there 7 different ora_pmon and 7 tnslsnr instances ?

Let me know if you need more info.

TIA
Best regards,
Luca

Luca Maranzano
2013-05-03 10:45:09 UTC
Luca Maranzano [http://community.zenoss.org/people/liuk] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss 4.2.3 and zenprocess erratic in reporting some processes not running"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73051#73051

I've filed a bug on Zenoss Jira since I think that this should not happen.
http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-6544 http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-6544
I'll update this post in case of news.
Luca