Distributed Collector Backup Scheme
Matthew Bajor
2013-05-09 20:35:11 UTC
Matthew Bajor [http://community.zenoss.org/people/bpMatt] created the discussion

"Distributed Collector Backup Scheme"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73134#73134

Hello all,
I was wondering how you guys may be doing backups for distributed setups. Are you running it on each of the collectors as well as the master? Just the master? Perhaps not using the built-in backup feature?
Any advice would be appreciated :)
Thanks,
Matt

Sandeep_Krishnan
2013-05-10 00:56:21 UTC
Sandeep_Krishnan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Sandeep_Krishnan] created the discussion

"Re: Distributed Collector Backup Scheme"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73113#73113

Hi Matt,
          You can write a script (use zenoss builtin command zenbackup)that will ssh to the collectors take backup of performance details [Since collector will be holding performace related data]. From master you can take backup of bin directory, zenpacks directory etc..

Thanks
Sandeep

Shane Scott
2013-05-10 20:46:45 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Distributed Collector Backup Scheme"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73149#73149

Matt,

We rsync from the $ZENHOME/perf to $ZENHOME/perfbackup (which is a spindle disk array mount) every 12 hours.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackamn238)
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewilliamscott/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/shanewilliamscott/