Email Notifications
Marco Slehiman
2012-08-23 16:07:14 UTC
Marco Slehiman [http://community.zenoss.org/people/slehiman] created the discussion

"Email Notifications"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68111#68111

I'm trying to receive alerts from zenoss 4.2
In version 3.2 this configuration could be done by editing the user.
But now i cannot find how to receive alert from zenoss.
I test the email and it is working fine
I will appreciate any comment or suggestion

willjasen
2012-11-25 16:39:36 UTC
willjasen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/willjasen] created the discussion

"Re: Email Notifications"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70151#70151

I second this problem.  I'm running Zenoss Core 3.2 and 4.2, both as virtual machines.  I've not had a problem with email alerts in 3.2, but am in 4.2.  SMTP server settings are correct because I am able to receive a test email under Advanced - Settings - Users, but I do not receive any device alerts.

willjasen
2012-11-25 20:28:11 UTC
willjasen [http://community.zenoss.org/people/willjasen] created the discussion

"Re: Email Notifications"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/70152#70152

After looking around some more, it seems the difference is that triggers and notifications must be configured in Zenoss 4.2.  Once a trigger is created and a notification assigned, email alerts work as expected.

For a basic trigger to monitor critical alerts:
* Look under Events - Triggers
* Create a trigger with a Severity equal to Critical
* Add a Notification with an Email action
* Associate the configured trigger
* Add a subscriber to receive the notifications