Centos 6.3 Zenoss 4.2 Won't Install
makemorebeer
2012-08-16 15:04:13 UTC
makemorebeer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/makemorebeer] created the discussion

"Centos 6.3 Zenoss 4.2 Won't Install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67890#67890

I seem to be unable to install zenoss core 4.2 on my fresh centos installation.  I get an error during the auto deployment script.  it seems to setup all the dependancy packages correctly (i had to remove the mysql-libs and associated programs), then it goes through and installs all the referenced packages with no issues.  then it gets to "Installing Zenoss" and drop s the following:

-----------------

-----------------
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  i'm not much of a linux user, and prefer to stick to Debian (user friendly) linux ;)   Hopefully this will be available soon.

nilie
2012-08-16 15:39:31 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Re: Centos 6.3 Zenoss 4.2 Won't Install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67906#67906

The error message tells me that either the script is unable to locate the rpm file or the rpm file is corrupted. Check to see if the rpm file has been downloaded and it has the right size (by the way, Zenoss dev team, can you please provide us with the GPG public key so we can verify package integrity, please ?). Then take a look at the installation script and see where it is looking to find the rpm file.
This is all I can do for you since I did not use the auto-deployment script but anyone who has succeeded using this method is welcome to share his experience with us here.

Don't lose hope, any Linux distribution is user-friendly.

makemorebeer
2012-08-16 17:24:34 UTC
makemorebeer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/makemorebeer] created the discussion

"Re: Centos 6.3 Zenoss 4.2 Won't Install"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67909#67909

sure only 4bytes of the application, and the zenpack downloaded.  o manually downloaded them to that location, and reran the script.  not further problem.  thanks for pointing me in the right direction.