Google Map API - Exact locations
David Rodrigues
2013-04-01 08:49:19 UTC
David Rodrigues [http://community.zenoss.org/people/djrodrigues] created the discussion

"Google Map API - Exact locations"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72660#72660

Hello!

I have added a few locations and adding their latitude and longitude references.
When i try to find them in the Dashboard/locations applet, the locations moved to the next root/street (or just don't appear).
My locations is in a middle of a "field" without streets. It doesn't append in the earlier version of Google API.
How can i "force it" to the exact location?

Thank's in advance

David Rodrigues

WebGuyInternet
2013-04-02 17:51:26 UTC
WebGuyInternet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/WebGuyInternet] created the discussion

"Re: Google Map API - Exact locations"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72686#72686

I have read that if you input it in "Decimal Degrees" notation: eg: 40.685692,-111.885094 (I use Google Earth to get that Info.) Then it should pass directly to GMaps without geocoding and give you as accurate a location as you could ever get.  But I haven't actually tried it because my GMaps window is horribly broken and won't map anything at all.  But I hear that they are working on major fixes to fix that... we'll soon see.