Zenchkrels fails with AttributeError: jobs
Jared Ready
2013-07-22 21:13:53 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Zenchkrels fails with AttributeError: jobs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74065#74065

Since I have upgraded up to 4.2.3 (now on 4.2.4) I have never been able to run zenchkrels -x1 -r because it always fails with the above error when checking relations on /zport/dmd/JobManager. A month or so ago I had Shane (Hackman238) trying to assist me with this, running various scripts to try to get this out with no luck. He had stated that this error is from something that should have been removed during the upgrade. I have also ran zenmigrate with various arguments to try to kick this out. I have a feeling this is now causing other seemingly unrelated issues (maintenance windows don't work at all). If I could get this resolved so I could finally put this box into production that would be fantastic. I'm completely stumped at this point, so any assistance would be awesome. Thanks!

Error + traceback:
http://fpaste.org/27093/27520137/ http://fpaste.org/27093/27520137/

Jared Ready
2013-07-22 21:52:29 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Re: Zenchkrels fails with AttributeError: jobs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74096#74096

If I run zenchkrels -x1 -r -v10 -R /zport/dmd/JobManager  , I get these extra 2 lines:

DEBUG:zen.PropertyManager:Property zCommandCycleTime is deprecated. It should be removed from the system.
DEBUG:zen.PropertyManager:Property zXmlRpcMonitorIgnore is deprecated. It should be removed from the system.

Might be relevant.

j053ph4
2013-07-23 14:41:20 UTC
j053ph4 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/j053ph4] created the discussion

"Re: Zenchkrels fails with AttributeError: jobs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74088#74088

I ran into something similar with my upgrade from 3.2.1 to 4.2.3, but the symptom was a bit different.  For me, the Zope Management portal ('/manage' appended to the URL) would give an error when navigating to the JobManager item.

For whatever reason, it looks like the 'jobs' relation doesn't get properly deleted at some point in the upgrade, so I did it manually, which seems to do the job.  Just to be safe, i'd run a backup before doing this.

At the zendmd prompt, type:

*dmd.JobManager._objects = ({'meta_type': 'ZCatalog', 'id': 'job_catalog'},)*
*commit()*

Hopefully this will fix the issue for you,

Joseph

Jared Ready
2013-07-23 18:15:34 UTC
Jared Ready [http://community.zenoss.org/people/residentbiscuit] created the discussion

"Re: Zenchkrels fails with AttributeError: jobs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74099#74099

You're a savior! That finally fixed it :D