Wiki Approvals
dpetzel
2012-10-13 23:56:10 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Wiki Approvals"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69147#69147

It appears that somewhre around 10/6 the "public" wiki now has some draconian approval requirements? I'm not even able to edit my own user page. Any new page I create is blank, which according to http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Approved_Revs http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Approved_Revs is intentional....

Needless to say a  community tool which prevents registered users from posting content is far from helpful....

I'm assuming the approvals are an attempt to reduce spam, which is of course a good thing, but have we taken it a little too far? I can see that some folks have been able to approve stuff, so I'm assuming they have been granted the 'approverevisions' permission? What is the process to be get said access? At the very least, it would seem reasonable that users could edit their own user pages.....