Getting Avents Archive using Zendmd
Mouhammed Soueidane
2013-06-10 10:48:26 UTC
Mouhammed Soueidane [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raziology] created the discussion

"Getting Avents Archive using Zendmd"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/73551#73551

Hi everyone,
I have been successfully able to retrieve events from the event console using "getEventSummariesGenerator" as follows:
for summary in zep.getEventSummariesGenerator(zep_filter):
     event = EventSummaryProxy(from_dict(EventSummary, summary))

What I'm tyring to do now is retrieving events from the event archive using "getEventSummariesFromArchive". The problem is that "zep.getEventSummariesFromArchive" is returning strings instead of dictionaries, which I'm clueless of how to get the event objects from.

So my question is how do I retrieve the events from the archive as event objects, same as what I was doing in "getEventSummariesGenerator"?

Thanks in advance.