adding zencommand to existing component template (ethernetCsmacd)
Rob Eagle
2013-03-18 12:52:23 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"adding zencommand to existing component template (ethernetCsmacd)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72448#72448

Anyone know how you would add a zencommand data source to the ethernetCsmacd really any interface component template that uses snmp by default?  Can add the script, but not sure what parameters would be past by the system or what the system is expecting as a result?  Seems like there would be ifindex pasted into the script or the system is expecting a single nagios type result for a single interface because I can see my script be called once per device interface when running zencommand from cli.

I am trying to call the script to:
     1.  Run 3 snmp queries to grab the number uni/mutli/broadcast packets and sum together
     2.  Query for number of discards packets
     3.  Calculate percentage of discarded pakets against total number of packets on interface and return results

Any ideas/leads?
--Rob

Shane Scott
2013-03-19 20:25:08 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: adding zencommand to existing component template (ethernetCsmacd)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72483#72483

Rob:

You can pass the ifIndex to the script using ${here/ifindex}.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)
SWS Consulting / Rackspace Hosting
http://shanewilliamscott.com http://shanewilliamscott.com

Rob Eagle
2013-03-21 17:39:17 UTC
Rob Eagle [http://community.zenoss.org/people/reagle] created the discussion

"Re: adding zencommand to existing component template (ethernetCsmacd)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72544#72544

Thanks Shane - It is always the obvious one that gets me - Rob

Shane Scott
2013-03-21 18:46:09 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: adding zencommand to existing component template (ethernetCsmacd)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72561#72561

Rob:

No problem. :)

--Shane Scott (Hackman238)