Zenoss does not always work with Apache ProxyPass
John Fisher
2011-12-09 18:45:42 UTC
John Fisher [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jfisher] created the discussion

"Zenoss does not always work with Apache ProxyPass"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63174#63174

h2. *Problem:*

*zenoss 3.1*
*
*
I have proxypass setup to send everything (but a key directory at port 80), to zenoss at port 8080. Apache serves pages on that key directory only.
This works, but not perfectly. For some pages in Zenoss, the URL is re-writen to include :8080 and an error message pops up saying "Unable to connect to server" or in other httpd.conf setups, the pages fails to get its CSS and images. *I assume that this is because there is a bug in Zenoss.*

So most pages work, but not quite all will answer to a port 80 request. I would have thought once Apache is proxying one page it would work for all, but no.

Fails:
*http://10.2.0.85/zport/dmd/Monitors http://10.2.0.85/zport/dmd/Monitors*

Succeeds:
*http://10.2.0.85/* http://10.2.0.85/**

John Fisher
2011-12-09 18:51:17 UTC
John Fisher [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jfisher] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss does not always work with Apache ProxyPass"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/63175#63175

*Solution:*

*Get the httpd.conf setup just right.*
*
*
| # LoadModule | proxy_html_module   | modules/mod_proxy_html.so |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  a           | href |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  area        | href |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  link        | href |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  img         | src longdesc usemap |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  object      | classid codebase data usemap |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  q           | cite |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  blockquote  | cite |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  ins         | cite |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  del         | cite |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  form        | action |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  input       | src usemap |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  head        | profile |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  base        | href |
| ProxyHTMLLinks  script      | src for |
# To support scripting events (with ProxyHTMLExtended On),
# you'll need to declare them too.
ProxyHTMLEvents onclick ondblclick onmousedown onmouseup \
|             | onmouseover onmousemove onmouseout onkeypress \ |
|             | onkeydown onkeyup onfocus onblur onload \ |
|             | onunload onsubmit onreset onselect onchange |
ServerName localhost
# Proxy mod-proxy-html 3.01 - warning ver 3.1 is different, but not available at this time
# see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
# and http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/ http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
# send /oac and /test to apache
ProxyPass /oac !