Transform not working in Zenoss 4.
ianw1974
2012-10-17 14:57:48 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"Transform not working in Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69302#69302

I've written transforms before, but something must have changed, because now a transform I'm trying to add isn't working.  This is my transform:

if evt.device == 'myserver.mydomain.com' and evt.component == '/usr' and evt.severity != 0: evt.severity = 0

I want it to ignore that /usr on myserver is at 92% full, because this partition size doesn't change.  There is already a transform (existed in installation by default) under /Perf/Filesystem, so I just added it above so that it would/should run both the transforms.

Why is my transform failing?  Did something change with the python language, in that I must write it differently?  I know now it's python 2.7 instead of python 2.6 which was in Zenoss 3.2.1.  Please confirm?

ianw1974
2012-10-17 15:38:08 UTC
ianw1974 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/ianw1974] created the discussion

"Re: Transform not working in Zenoss 4."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69306#69306

Perhaps trying to write a transform to clear the event was not the ideal situation, since the existing transform was reading in the values to generate an alarm in the first place.

I tried at first putting it lower down, but it still didn't work.  So I decided in the end to go to the particular device in question, to the file systems, select /usr and then click the cog wheel and monitoring and disable monitoring for that file system.

Now it's ignoring /usr.  So perhaps that's the best way, at least it works for me.  Monitoring seems to continue for /usr on other devices, so I didn't disable it globally by doing this.