Is it possible to undiscover devices in zenoss?
r c
2012-03-01 02:10:13 UTC
r c [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raelanne] created the discussion

"Is it possible to undiscover devices in zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64862#64862

I currenty have Zenoss 3.0 but with a 4gb CPU memory which could only monitor 250 devices. I've almost reached my limit and I'm wondering if i coud delete or undiscover devices with a network range i placed earlier so i could monitor it on a different server instead. thanks

dpetzel
2012-03-01 02:38:03 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Is it possible to undiscover devices in zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64863#64863

Its not reall undiscovering per say, but you can certainly just delete the devices. On the Infrastructure tab you can sort by IP and multi-select (hold ctrl/shift) and select the devices you want to get rid of.

r c
2012-03-01 02:39:40 UTC
r c [http://community.zenoss.org/people/raelanne] created the discussion

"Re: Is it possible to undiscover devices in zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64864#64864

What if it discovers another device within that range? i'd just delete it?

dpetzel
2012-03-01 02:41:11 UTC
dpetzel [http://community.zenoss.org/people/dpetzel] created the discussion

"Re: Is it possible to undiscover devices in zenoss?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64865#64865

Thats up to you? If you want to exclude a range, mark that network to not discover, otherwise the same devices will get re-discovered (Im assuming you are running discovery on a schedule and not adhoc)