Zenoss database migration between v3 and v4
nilie
2012-08-21 18:18:26 UTC
nilie [http://community.zenoss.org/people/nilie] created the discussion

"Zenoss database migration between v3 and v4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68058#68058

Hello everybody,

Is there a way to migrate information contained in Zenoss databases from v3.1 to v4.2 ? I'm looking speciffically at migrating information related to event class mappings and manufacturers. We've been using Zenoss for more than 3 years now and during this time we put a lot of information in these two db. Now I'd like to know if there is a way of moving that info from the v3 server to v4 instead of rebuilding it from scratch (via copy and paste between two windows) even if this involves exporting to an intermediary format, doing some clean-up/editing and importing into v4.

Thanks.

kelvinlo
2012-08-22 03:38:01 UTC
kelvinlo [http://community.zenoss.org/people/kelvinlo] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss database migration between v3 and v4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68046#68046

Hello,

I am looking for this too... I have try to perform backup and restore but no luck.

Regards,
Kelvin Lo

Shane Scott
2012-08-23 15:12:56 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Zenoss database migration between v3 and v4"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68100#68100

kelvinlo:

http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13022 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13022

Best,