Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)
alex0cy
2012-08-13 15:20:13 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67778#67778

I'm currently migrating our systems to 4.2 and I noticed that eny compponent of device has two new properties: productionState and preMWProductionState

I was really excited that I can change component state to maintenance in order to suppress events per component, but until now I can't find how to select this rule in the trigger. I can see only Device Production State there, but not a production state of individual component. Am I missing something or such conditions are not yet implemented?

alex0cy
2012-08-15 10:56:02 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Re: Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67810#67810

anyone?

Shane Scott
2012-08-18 09:29:43 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/67981#67981

alex:

You can only condition off the productionState of a device. preMWProductionState is an attribute used to store the productionState during maintenance window states. Supression of individual components is not yet supported.

Best,
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)

alex0cy
2012-08-21 06:49:08 UTC
alex0cy [http://community.zenoss.org/people/alex0cy] created the discussion

"Re: Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68035#68035

Hmm... Is it possible to add this feature to wishlist?

Shane Scott
2012-08-22 18:20:16 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Component production state in triggers (Zenoss 4.2)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/68068#68068

Alex:

Please add the suggested feature to the zca zenpack poll comments. We will be setting up a wish list soon.

Thanks!
--Shane Scott (Hackman238)