error running zenchkrels -r -x1
Robert Bell
2011-10-28 22:04:57 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62306#62306

I have a phontom device thats been plaguging me and I just got around to traking it down but when I follow the suggested "fix" I get this error. Anyt ideas?

ERROR:zen.Relations:remote relation /zport/dmd/ZenUsers/admin/messages/msg/messageQueue doesn't point back to /zport/dm                                                        d/ZenUsers/admin/messages/msg/messageQueue
WARNING:zen.Relations:reconnecting relation /zport/dmd/ZenUsers/admin/messages/msg/messageQueue to relation /zport/dmd/                                                        ZenUsers/admin/messages/msg/messageQueue
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/CheckRelations.py", line 72, in <module>
    tmbk.rebuild()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/CheckRelations.py", line 40, in rebuild
    object.checkRelations(repair=repair)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/RelationshipManager.py", line 262, in checkRelations
    rel.checkRelation(repair)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ToOneRelationship.py", line 223, in checkRelation
    rrel._add(parobj)
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ToOneRelationship.py", line 80, in _add
    self._remoteRemove()
  File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenRelations/ToOneRelationship.py", line 102, in _remoteRemove
    remoteRel = getattr(aq_base(self.obj), self.remoteName())
AttributeError: messageQueue

Robert Bell
2011-11-01 17:18:52 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62353#62353

no one? I've got a phantom device and I cant find it to delete it

rebelinux
2011-11-02 01:58:31 UTC
rebelinux [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rebelinux] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62355#62355

I fix this problem last month on one of my zenoss clients. You have to log in as admin or any user that have manager access and go to http://serverip:8080/zport/dmd/ZenUsers/manage http://serverip:8080/zport/dmd/ZenUsers/manage. Then go to the admin user and delete the messages entry.

see attached screenshot. good luck

Screenshot at 2011-11-01 21:42:07.png

Robert Bell
2011-11-02 17:04:55 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62366#62366

Thanks. That did get me to run zenchkrels without errors, unfortunatley it did not fix my ghost device.

I still get alerts like this:

Message:
10.198.1.132 sendto error Host XXXXXXX and XXXXXX.domain.com are both using ip 10.x.x.x

the device with the FQDN was added and deleted a few weeks ago. The new device is the same server just without the domain. Its worth noting that I had an entire batch of servers (5 to 10)  go MIA right after we set utp this Zenoss server, I think I found them partly in Zope and parly under the collector and deleted them. Only this one is still plagueing me.

Robert Bell
2011-11-02 18:33:37 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62367#62367

ugh now I get pop-up error messages on every page I go to

The server reported the following error:
AttributeError messages

The system has encountered an error. Please reload the page.

I guess deleting "messages" is not great advice

Ryan Matte
2011-11-02 19:57:37 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62360#62360

Try this in zendmd:

# Remove non-existent devices from performance monitors
from Products.ZenModel.PerformanceConf import PerformanceConf
for pmon in dmd.Monitors.Performance.objectValues():
    if not isinstance(pmon, PerformanceConf): continue
    for device in pmon.devices():
        try:
            bah = device.primaryAq()
        except Exception:
            print "Removing %s from %s" % (device.id, pmon.id)
            pmon.devices._remove(device)

# Save changes
commit()

Robert Bell
2011-11-02 21:47:45 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62376#62376

Unfortunately that didnt help. It appears I have other phantoms too now. There is an osprocess "java" that was deleted that is still reporting on some nodes that just came back when I re-enabled process monitoring for completely diffrent process.

Ryan Matte
2011-11-04 17:48:50 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62421#62421

Have you tried a reindex() and a commit() in zendmd?  That generally fixes problems such as the one you're describing.

Robert Bell
2011-11-04 22:35:51 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62444#62444

I tried that. reindex ran for a while but did not fix my problem. The server that I want to add IS the Zenoss server. Can I not add Zenoss to monitor itself?

Ryan Matte
2011-11-04 22:38:26 UTC
Ryan Matte [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rmatte] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62437#62437

You can, but not with the loopback address (127.0.0.1).  You need to add it as the IP of a network interface on the device.

Robert Bell
2011-11-05 17:43:04 UTC
Robert Bell [http://community.zenoss.org/people/wasguru] created the discussion

"Re: error running zenchkrels -r -x1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62440#62440

This is odd. I had not added it with the loopback but I deleted the device that was just the hostname and re-added it with the fqdn and it didnt give any errors. Then I renamed it to just the hostname and it still seems to be fine. Thanks for all of the suggestions