Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013
jcurry
2013-01-21 22:16:20 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71125#71125

I have offered to do a free 2-hour training session for Zenoss on Zenoss Core 4 Event Management.  It will take place on January 31st between 3 and 5 pm, GMT.   Zenoss have kindly offered to host this on their Webex system.  For details, see http://community.zenoss.org/message/71124#71124 http://community.zenoss.org/message/71124#71124 .

It will be based on the architecture section of my updated paper on Zenoss Core 4 Event Management, which I am hoping to make available in draft tomorrow (watch here - I will post when it is available).  The paper will be entirely free to download but, since it is around 150 pages (with lots of pictures :) ), I will also be making a hardcopy available through lulu.

The third element will be a chargeable, 3-day workshop with loads of exercises based around the paper, using lab machines in the Amazon Cloud - I am aiming for 80-90% hands-on over the 3 days.  Anyone interested is welcome to contact me directly.

Cheers,
Jane

jcurry
2013-01-23 15:57:32 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71164#71164

OK! The paper is available  You can get the pdf version either from the website here at http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13746 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-13746 or from our own website at http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss4-events/ http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss4-events/ .

As soon as I have checked out a printed copy myself, I will provide details to get a printed hardcopy from lulu on-demand publishing.  The link is currently on our Skills 1st website but I would suggest you desist from ordering for about a week until we can confirm that it prints OK.  I will post back here when I have the proof.

Anyone planning to attend the presentation on Jan 31st might benefit from having a look at the paper first.

Feedback appreciated!

Cheers,
Jane

jcurry
2013-01-29 19:52:50 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71278#71278

Anyone else for the free 2-hour presentation on Thursday?  No need to register. Just "turn up" at 15:00 GMT at https://zenoss.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?service=1&siteurl=zenoss&nomenu=true&main_url=%2Fmc0806l%2Fe.do%3Fsiteurl%3Dzenoss%26AT%3DMI%26EventID%3D162634572%26UID%3D495589712%26Host%3Da7b3921d37213f072e21446c0369%26FrameSet%3D2%26PW%3DNZTZjYzMzYThl https://zenoss.webex.com/mw0307l/mywebex/default.do?service=1&siteurl=zenoss&nomenu=true&main_url=%2Fmc0806l%2Fe.do%3Fsiteurl%3Dzenoss%26AT%3DMI%26EventID%3D162634572%26UID%3D495589712%26Host%3Da7b3921d37213f072e21446c0369%26FrameSet%3D2%26PW%3DNZTZjYzMzYThl

We now have an experimental Kindle format of the "Event Management for Zenoss Core 4" paper.  If you want it, there is now also a hardcopy available from lulu at £7.95 (UK pounds) +P&P.

Please see the links on our web page at http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss4-events/ http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/papers/jane/zenoss4-events/ for the various formats.

I f you have at least had a skim of the paper then you may get more out of Thursday's presentation.

Cheers,
Jane

jcurry
2013-02-04 14:24:14 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/71369#71369

Thanks to those who attended the free training on Thursday.  We are planning to repeat the session, probably on Monday March 18th - details nearer the time.

Meantime, if you really want to get best value out of the "Zenoss Core 4 Event Management" paper, we have announced a remote version of the 3-day workshop that provides LOTS of hands-on exercises to demonstrate all the details and techniques in the paper.  Details at http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/products/courses/zenoss-events.html http://www.skills-1st.co.uk/products/courses/zenoss-events.html .

The dates are Wednesday March 20th - Friday March 22nd; cost is £1200 (GB pounds).  Registration by sending email either to me directly, or to mailto:***@skills-1st.co.uk ***@skills-1st.co.uk.  Please note that we are away from Feb 10th to March 10th with little or no access to email so don't panic if you don't get a respose for a while.

Kind regards,
Jane

jcurry
2013-02-27 23:08:40 UTC
jcurry [http://community.zenoss.org/people/jcurry] created the discussion

"Re: Free Zenoss Event Management training Jan 31st 2013"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/72211#72211

Anyone else for the 3-day Event Management Workshop starting March 20th??  The cost includes hardcopy of both the paper and the workshop exercises so we need a couple of weeks notice to be sure of getting this distributed.

Registration to mailto:***@skills-1st.co.uk ***@skills-1st.co.uk.

Cheers,
Jane