ZenPacks.zenoss.DynamicView release???
Alan Milligan
2013-08-22 14:44:26 UTC
Alan Milligan [http://community.zenoss.org/people/milligana] created the discussion

"ZenPacks.zenoss.DynamicView release???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74421#74421

DynamicView (aka Dynamic Service View) is a commercial-ony ZenPack.  However, it's also referenced in test suite for ZenPacks.zenoss.AWS, and it's a core requirement for ZenPacks.zenoss.OpenStack and ZenPacks.zenoss.CloudStack (I've not done a full audit of *all* ZenPacks so this is quite probably not a definitive list).

Clearly, the CloudStack and OpenStack ZenPacks won't work without this so they're not *really* available to the open community.

Is there any intention to address this??

Alan

Chet Luther
2013-08-23 16:28:54 UTC
Chet Luther [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cluther] created the discussion

"Re: ZenPacks.zenoss.DynamicView release???"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/74490#74490

Alan,

All open source ZenPacks work with Zenoss Core, and are *really* available to all users. I think I know what you mean about the CloudStack, OpenStack and AWS ZenPacks though. While we may not have been careful enough to make the unit tests pass without that DynamicView ZenPack installed, the ZenPacks do work.

Please let me know if that's not what you're experiencing.