what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?
cloud stack
2012-10-17 09:15:59 UTC
cloud stack [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cloudstack] created the discussion

"what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69293#69293

what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?

I want use zenoss user to login by remotely. but I have no right password of this user.

I try : zenoss as password , but failed.

Please help me !

2012-10-17 13:04:07 UTC

"Re: what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69296#69296

There usually isn't a password set. Best practice would be to have a login user you create, log in as that, become root and then su - zenoss ...

cloud stack
2012-10-22 02:26:09 UTC
cloud stack [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cloudstack] created the discussion

"Re: what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69405#69405

hi, http://community.zenoss.org/people/jmp242 jmp242

Thanks for your help!

I need the zenoss user's password when I have to restart zenoss by command " *zenoss restart* "!

sometimes , it need me to provide zenoss password , sometimes not.

If the prompt ask me the zenoss's password , neither ""  empty password ,nor "zenoss" as password , both of them failed.

------

now , I have to change the zenoss user password by mannually .

thanks again.

2012-10-22 13:18:48 UTC

"Re: what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69408#69408

Post by cloud stack
I need the zenoss user's password when I have to restart zenoss by command " *zenoss restart* "!
What version of Zenoss and what OS? For 3.x and RHEL, never happes for me. I use a service definition so as root I can do
service zenoss restart
or I do
su - zenoss
and then issue
zenoss restart

Neither one has ever prompted me for a password for the zenoss user....

cloud stack
2012-10-26 05:58:02 UTC
cloud stack [http://community.zenoss.org/people/cloudstack] created the discussion

"Re: what's the password of zenoss user which add by core-autodeploy-4.2sh?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/69542#69542

hi, jmp 242, thanks for you kindly reply.

The OS is : CentOS 6.3
Zenoss Version is : 4.2 Core which installed by core-autodeploy-4.2.sh script.

The status need provide password is not stable .

I solved this issue by   changed the password of zenoss user by compulsory.