Post 3.2 Upgrade issues
darkis
2011-10-14 12:51:07 UTC
darkis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/darkis] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61838#61838

I have the same errors as described in the post. Both zenmigrate and zenfixit give me this error:

AttributeError: 'HPCPU' object has no attribute 'index_object'

Anyone have any ideas where I should look to fix that error?

Insane_Homer
2011-10-14 15:07:22 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61839#61839

mmm, that's got me think. Looking at some othe Zenpacks. I see ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor-2.1.0-py2.4.egg.zip.

But I see my python version is 2.6 and there's a 2.6 version of this Zenpack from

http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3448-7-2902/ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor-2.1.0-py2.6.egg.zip http://community.zenoss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3448-7-2902/ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor-2.1.0-py2.6.egg.zip ( http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-3448 http://community.zenoss.org/docs/DOC-3448)

So I guess the Question is how to I replace the 2.4 Zenpack with the 2.6 Zenpack?

I can't seem to remove the 2.4 version via the web interface.

darkis
2011-10-14 15:33:59 UTC
darkis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/darkis] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61840#61840

I used zenpack --remove=ZenPacks.zenoss.HPMonitor to remove it. Just tried to install the 2.6 version instead. Running a zenmigrate now to see if it works better now. Will return when it's done

Insane_Homer
2011-10-14 15:48:55 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61856#61856

Downloading the 2.6 version of the Zenpacks from http://dev.zenoss.org/zenpacks/ http://dev.zenoss.org/zenpacks/ now - installed them successfully (seem to replace the old but also deleted the old zenpack py2.4 folders) but still get the same errors as before.

Now getting...

zenmigrate
INFO:zen.migrate:Database going to version Zenoss 3.1.70
INFO:zen.migrate:Installing DeviceSearchCatalogUpdate (3.1.1)
INFO:zen.migrate:Installing IpSearchCatalogUpdate (3.1.1)
INFO:zen.migrate:Updating IpAddress Catalog
INFO:zen.migrate:rate=57.49/sec count=200
INFO:zen.migrate:Finished total time=4.08 rate=58.04 count=237
INFO:zen.migrate:Installing RebuildPathIndex (3.1.1)
WARNING:zen.migrate:Recovering
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/zenmigrate.py", line 21, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/zenmigrate.py", line 18, in main
    m.main()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 417, in main
    self.cutover()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 304, in cutover
    self.migrate()
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 280, in migrate
    m.cutover(self.dmd)
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/rebuildPathIndex.py", line 41, in cutover
    for x in zport.global_catalog():
TypeError: 'GlobalCatalog' object is not callable

Still get the same errors when trying to view Infrastructure.

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 03:16:58 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61958#61958

Insane_Homer:

Sounds like your global catalog is messed up. Have you tried running a  `python $ZENHOME/Products/ZenUtils/zencatalog.py --createcatalog --forcereindex` as user zenoss?

Best,
--Shane W. Scott(Hackman238)
  ZCA - http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 11:47:16 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61971#61971

Shane,

thanks, I get the following running at command

python zencatalog.py --createcatalog --forcereindex
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zencatalog.py", line 25, in <module>
    from Products.ZenRelations.ToManyContRelationship import ToManyContRelationship
ImportError: No module named ZenRelations.ToManyContRelationship

... and made no difference. Still the same issue.

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 13:03:36 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61945#61945

Insane_Homer:

Oh yikes. Thats a pretty serious error. Did you run this as user zenoss? Can you post the output of `env` as user zenoss?

Thanks!

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 13:07:24 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61973#61973

Post by Shane Scott
Oh yikes. Thats a pretty serious error. Did you run this as user zenoss? Can you post the output of `env` as user zenoss?
Thanks!
Best,
--Shane W. Scott(Hackman238)
  ZCA - http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog http://community.zenoss.org/community/zca/blog
env
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
SSH_CLIENT=10.2.2.177 55114 22
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
USER=zenoss
MAIL=/var/mail/zenoss
PATH=/usr/local/zenoss/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sb                                   in:/bin:/usr/games
PWD=/home/zenoss
ZENHOME=/usr/local/zenoss
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
SHLVL=1
HOME=/home/zenoss
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/zenoss/lib/python
LOGNAME=zenoss
SSH_CONNECTION=10.2.2.177 55114 10.2.2.101 22
LESSOPEN=| /usr/bin/lesspipe %s
LESSCLOSE=/usr/bin/lesspipe %s %s
_=/usr/bin/env

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 13:09:46 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61977#61977

Insane_Homer:

Can you post your .bashrc and .bash_profile from /home/zenoss and the output of `env python` as user zenoss?

Thanks again.

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 13:20:22 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61974#61974

vim .bashrc (removed the #commented out lines)
[ -z "$PS1" ] && return
export HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
export HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
shopt -s checkwinsize
[ -x /usr/bin/lesspipe ] && eval "$(SHELL=/bin/sh lesspipe)"
# set variable identifying the chroot you work in (used in the prompt below)
if [ -z "$debian_chroot" ] && [ -r /etc/debian_chroot ]; then
    debian_chroot=$(cat /etc/debian_chroot)
fi
case "$TERM" in
    xterm-color) color_prompt=yes;;
esac
".bashrc" 96L, 3042C
vim .bash_profile = blank file

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 13:24:14 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61978#61978

Insane_Homer:

Try setting those two files to the following (excluding curly brackets):
.bashrc {
# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
    . /etc/bashrc
fi

[ -z "$PS1" ] && return

export HISTCONTROL=ignoredups
export HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
shopt -s checkwinsize

[ -x /usr/bin/lesspipe ] && eval "$(SHELL=/bin/sh lesspipe)"

# set variable identifying the chroot you work in (used in the prompt below)
if [ -z "$debian_chroot" ] && [ -r /etc/debian_chroot ]; then
    debian_chroot=$(cat /etc/debian_chroot)
fi

case "$TERM" in
    xterm-color) color_prompt=yes;;
esac

# User specific aliases and functions
export ZENHOME="/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss"
export PATH="${ZENHOME}/bin:${PATH}"
export PYTHONPATH="/usr/local/zenoss/lib/python"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/zenoss/lib"
export INSTANCE_HOME="/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss"
}

.bash_profile {
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
    . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin
}

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 14:43:16 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61975#61975

changed those files are asked, what do I do next?
*zenmigrate*
INFO:zen.migrate:Database going to version Zenoss 3.1.70
INFO:zen.migrate:Installing DeviceSearchCatalogUpdate (3.1.1)
INFO:zen.migrate:Installing IpSearchCatalogUpdate (3.1.1)
INFO:zen.migrate:Updating IpAddress Catalog
INFO:zen.migrate:rate=82.38/sec count=200
INFO:zen.migrate:Finished total time=2.84 rate=83.38 count=237

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 14:46:06 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61981#61981

Insane_Homer:

`su - zenoss` and  try `python $ZENHOME/Products/ZenUtils/zencatalog.py --createcatalog --forcereindex`

*crosses fingers*  :)

Don't use sudo.

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 15:08:53 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61991#61991

Post by Shane Scott
`su - zenoss`
*su -zenoss*
su: invalid option -- z
Usage: su [options] [LOGIN]

2011-10-19 15:13:08 UTC

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61982#61982

You missed a space...
su [space] - [space] zenoss

Information Technology Area Supervisor

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 15:16:23 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61992#61992

doh! :8}

`su - zenoss`
*python $ZENHOME/Products/ZenUtils/zencatalog.py --createcatalog --forceindex*
  File "/usr/local/zenoss/Products/ZenUtils/zencatalog.py", line 25, in <module>
*

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 15:20:27 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61984#61984

Insane_Homer:

Hum. That's not good.

Can you `su - zenoss` `zendmd` `from Products.ZenRelations.ToManyContRelationship import *` and report what it says if anything?

Thanks man.

VBinet
2011-10-14 15:50:03 UTC
VBinet [http://community.zenoss.org/people/VBinet] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61851#61851

If I remember correctly I didn't have to remove zenpacks. They were removed automatically when I installed the new ones.
If I'm wrong, you should find the "delete ZenPack" action in the "Advance -> Settings -> Zenpacks" window (see attached screenshot).

darkis
2011-10-14 16:25:15 UTC
darkis [http://community.zenoss.org/people/darkis] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61857#61857

I still get the same error in zenmigrate as I did before even with the 2.6 version of HPmonitor

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 15:23:52 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61993#61993

Post by Shane Scott
Hum. That's not good.
Can you `su - zenoss` `zendmd` `from Products.ZenRelations.ToManyContRelationship import *` and report what it says if anything?
Thanks man.
`zendmd` `from Products.ZenRelations.ToManyContRelationship import *`
2011-10-19 15:37:38 WARNING OFS.Uninstalled Could not import class 'GlobalCatalog' from module 'ZenPacks.zenoss.PreUpgrade30.global_catalog'
Welcome to the Zenoss dmd command shell!
'dmd' is bound to the DataRoot. 'zhelp()' to get a list of commands.
I really appreciate the help but I'm getting to the point where I think it's going to be easier to blow it all away and start again...

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 15:25:17 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61985#61985

Insane_Homer:

Alrighty.

Insane_Homer
2011-10-19 15:31:56 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61994#61994

So how to I start zenoss with a new & clean DB?

zenoss stop
make clean
./install
choose No to use existing DB?

Shane Scott
2011-10-19 15:47:05 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/61987#61987

Insane_Homer:

I'm a RedHat guy, so I'm unfamilliar with the stack in this way. I'll have rmatte check in with you with the answer.

Insane_Homer
2011-10-20 07:40:35 UTC
Insane_Homer [http://community.zenoss.org/people/Insane_Homer] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62023#62023

Installation with a new DB works fine, suggesting install and enviroment are fine (I also upgraded Ubuntu to 11.10 prior to compiling).

Problem appears with objects with the DB during the upgrade.

Not an ideal situation when I have to re-enter & confgure, 44+ servers across 31+ sites locations, 40+ switches, 60+ routers and God knows how may other minor devices.

this is now the second time an 'upgrade' has gone FUBAR for me and I've had to setup the entire structure all over again (out of 10 odd upgrades from early 2.x days).

Shane Scott
2011-10-21 13:26:06 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/62065#62065

Insane_Homer:

Glad you're up and running. Hopefully future upgrades go better for you.

One option to reduce the pain of doing a fresh install is to zendevicedump and zendeviceload devices.

Juerg Gerber
2012-03-06 17:22:41 UTC
Juerg Gerber [http://community.zenoss.org/people/gerber] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64975#64975

i fixed the GlobalCatalog error by executing

${ZENHOME}/bin/zendmd --script ${ZENHOME}/bin/fix_catalog_class.py  --commit

looks like this was not executed during the 2.x to 3.x upgrade.
this command is normaly executed in the script $ZENHOME/bin/remove_preupgrade_zenpack.sh

Shane Scott
2012-03-06 17:24:36 UTC
Shane Scott [http://community.zenoss.org/people/hackman238] created the discussion

"Re: Post 3.2 Upgrade issues"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/64991#64991

Juerg:

Ah interesting. The catalog hadn't been set to multipath indexes.

Thanks for the post.

Best,
--Shane