4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!
mikeC79
2013-11-06 22:42:07 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75186#75186

I recently changed my zenhubpasswd and updated all of the daemon configs. I thought i was fine until I tried adding a device today. Now I get the following error.
Is there a zen.pbclientfactory config I need to update the zenhubpasswd in? I can't seem to find a place.

2013-11-06 16:37:12,212 INFO zen.ZenDisc: Connecting to localhost:8789
2013-11-06 16:37:12,253 WARNING zen.pbclientfactory: Cancelling attempts to connect
2013-11-06 16:37:12,254 CRITICAL zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!
2013-11-06 16:37:42,226 ERROR zen.ZenDisc: Timeout connecting to zenhub: is it running?

mikeC79
2013-11-07 05:42:13 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75202#75202

I figured it out. In the global.conf there is another zunhubpassword.

rgartley
2014-01-21 16:04:16 UTC
rgartley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rgartley] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75648#75648

Mike,

Can you put a little context around this? I'm having this same issue and I see the hubpassword entry in global.conf, but what did you do to it? Mine global.confg:hubpassword entry already uncommented and showing the default encrypted password entry.

hubpassword ePlYFTMihSWXR9mxSMon

What exactly was done?

Thanks,

Rob

mikeC79
2014-01-21 16:11:06 UTC
mikeC79 [http://community.zenoss.org/people/mikeC79] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75637#75637

I have the following:

hubpassword [unencrypted pw]

I don't recall what was there before, but I have the unencrypted password in there now. Don't forget to restart services.

rgartley
2014-01-21 16:16:51 UTC
rgartley [http://community.zenoss.org/people/rgartley] created the discussion

"Re: 4.2.4 zen.pbclientfactory: zenhub username/password combination is incorrect!"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.zenoss.org/message/75649#75649

Mike,

Nevermind... I figured it out. What I had to do was to modify the global.conf file like you said. I changed the following line from...
Post by rgartley
hubpassword ePlYFTMihSWXR9mxSMon
Post by rgartley
hubpassword zenoss.
I just changed the encrypted password to clear text.

Rob